Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Working on the logging truck...

A million years ago, when I was building alot of plastic models, I built a model of a logging truck. A few years go by and here I am again..

The cab is the AMT Peterbilt California Hauler.

It's a good kit of a mid-70's truck. The logging part is this..

I'm modeling empty, with the trailer on the truck. So far, here is where I am at..





I've finished the trailer's suspension and all that. Right now the rear parts have been primed, shot with a base rust coat and sprayed with Ammo Scratches effect. Tomorrow they get a white "primer" then more scratches followed by the final finish paint. Then we begin the fun of weathering. That A/C unit on the roof? Chipped and heavy rust.

The goal is to make it look like the many trucks seen on CA 299 hauling logs to the mills on the coast. Well worn but still running.

No comments: