Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Long week...

Work sucks... It's a fact. Of course, it helps pay the bills and buy new stuff, but it still sucks...

I didn't get a single model railroad thing done on my bench this week. In fact, it's pretty much a mess from when I finished the stockcar and bridge. So Saturdays project will be to clean it off of the garbage and get it ready for the next job.

And while I'm at it, I hit up my local shop and ordered materials for hand laying track. I've decided that it's time to get off my duff and get *something* built. So I'm going to start work on my HOn30 layout. The first part will be the docks at San Ramon. The plan is still in process, so I'll post it up when finished. But I'll probably wing it as I go...

Most of the reason I'm going to hand lay the track is cost. I got 100 feet or rail, ties, joiners, gauges and what not for about $100. If I had ordered the same amount of Peco track, I'd get a siding that that would be about it. I'm going to use Micro Engineering wood ties with a PC board tie about every 10th or 15th spot, to keep the track in gauge. Don't worry, you'll all get to see me screw up in living color!! :-) But I'm looking forward to it. I've sratchbuilt cars for the layout, how about the track? Why not! That's the other part of the reason, for the fun of it. I plan to start working on the port in a couple of weeks.

Here's a little idea for what I want to do...



More coming later...

No comments: